Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mediocrity Vs. Excellence

This past weekend was our Mary Kay VIP retreat with our National Sales Director, Rena Tarbet. There were about 600 women there at a beautiful camp in Texas. It was an amazing weekend filled with lots of training, fellowship, and motivation. I was very excited to have the opportunity to have a photo momento with Rena. She is truly an amazing woman! She has battled cancer for years and years and in fact was going back the day after the retreat to receive even more chemo. The cancer has really taken a toll on her body, but let me tell you it's done nothing to deter her spirit! She is such an inspiration to so many other women in and out of Mary Kay. The fact that she can keep on keeping on through the struggles of cancer gives so many women such encouragement! I love it that she's so transparent and no-nonsense and that she has such a wonderful wit and sense of humor. I'm truly blessed to be a part of her area and to be under her teaching and training for the few more years she's in Mary Kay. And the whole weekend encouraged me so much! It made me realize even more that this business gives women the opportunity to achieve everything they desire! It made me take a look at myself and see where I am and where I want to be. It made me see that I've been conducting not only my Mary Kay business, but many other areas in my life in mediocrity. If I continue to do that, I'll receive mediocre results. If I conduct my life in every aspect in excellence, I will receive results that are excellent. I talked with my husband when I got home and gave him the Cliff Notes version of my weekend and told him what the bottom line of the weekend was for me. He was also VERY encouraging to me and made me know that I have his full support in my pursuit of excellence! Of course, this means I could most likely make more money than him and he's totally fine with me being his Sugar Mamma!! :) I think I could handle that as well!!

No comments: