I got this email today and thought it would be a good little blog post. Since I don't have much else to talk about at the moment, here you go. OH! We got our new recliner yesterday and a new couch is on the way. I'll post pictures soon...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both. Love the egg nog! But I also love hot chocolate when it’s cold outside.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Oh, just sits under the tree. It could get a little confusing if Santa used the same paper that Mommy and Daddy have….. hmmmmm…..
4. (I don’t know where #4 went…)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White – God help you if Kristi finds out you have….GASP….. "tacky" colored lights!!!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Granny’s dressing or anything with sweet potatoes
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I guess it was getting my Barbie Dream House
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Too early. I wish I’d kept the magic a little longer. Although I was doubting when I got that dream house, but getting it helped me believe for at least that Christmas!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We usually have several Christmas get-togethers and most of the time we’re at my dad’s on Christmas Eve, so yes. And as of the last few years, I’ve wanted to wait and open our gifts at home all on Christmas morning. I love the anticipation.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I like a classy looking tree, but I also love the homemade ornaments and ornaments that have special meaning. So, I have a mix of both.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Depends on if I have to go anywhere. I hate it if we’re traveling, but love it if we can stay home.
12. Can you ice skate?
Not well. I like to try, though.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I love just getting gifts, no matter what they are, but I have to say that my husband getting my diamond ring definitely made me cry – as did the purse that Michelle got me with the picture of my girls.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family and friends.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Since we have kids, it’s Santa coming. I love the magic and wonder of the little ones anticipating what Santa will bring to them. Also, I love the family get-togethers. It’s got a little more of the “something special” during this time of year.
17. What tops your tree?
I can’t remember! Isn’t that bad! I think it’s sparkly twisty twigs or something.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
“The Christmas Song”…(Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…) sung by Nat King Cole, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” sung by Judy Garland, and White Christmas” sung by Bing Crosby. They are all my favorites and really make it feel like it’s Christmas.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Who doesn’t love a good candy cane? YUM! Oh and I like those ones that aren’t super hard… that kinda melt as you eat them. They’re kinda like those shower mints. Mmmmm!!!