Monday, February 02, 2009

Before and After at Mom's and Granny's

As most everyone knows, a big ol' bunch of ice came through these parts... and it didn't stop in Springdale. It kept going right on over to Harrison (where my mom and granny live). This was the view from my mom's porch down in my granny's yard before we got started. I imagined it was bad, but I didn't realize they had limbs as big as trees that were downed.

This was after we finished our work for the day. Needless to say we didn't get nearly all of it done, but I think we made a pretty good dent. My granny couldn't even get to her mailbox without going through the maze of limbs and sticks, but now she can get out to her newspaper and mail and up to Mom's without climbing over trees in the yard.
There's lots more to be done, but Mike and I wore ourselves out doing just this much. Man, this stuff is such a huge mess. It's going to be months before it's all back to normal. And then, I'm afraid, it still won't be quite normal.

No comments: