Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sick and Tired

You know that saying that our mothers used to say to us... "I'm sick and tired of...." and just fill in the blank with the quote of the day. Well, that's kinda how it is around the Langham house right now.

Porter was sick last week and has been doing much better. However... that little bugger decided to empty the contents of his stomach at about 1am this morning.... all over his bed. I heard him crying and I said a quick prayer that he would go back to sleep. No such luck. The cry turned in to one of those that a mother can tell means more than just "I lost my passy." So I got up, went into his room, and was immediately assaulted with the foul scent of what my son had been doing. I all but yelled in to my snoozing hubby and apparently, it just took one "HONEY!!" to wake the man from the dead because he came running in Porter's room and we were then both immediately on the clean up crew. I took Porter to the bath tub and Mike took care of cleaning up the bed. What a mess that all was. Even after washing Porter's hair, the smell was still there. He threw up a few more times and after about 3 hours and a conversation with the on-call nurse at the hospital, my little munchkin fell asleep and slept until nearly 9am! Which is more than I can say for Mommy and Daddy. We got a 3 hour chunk taken out of our night, but thankfully got to sleep until about 8am. He's done much better today. He had a bit of "spit up" this afternoon, but nothing like last night and he's kept down everything he's eaten and drank today... can I get an AMEN?!

Rachel has been fighting a cold for a few days. We figured she was getting the leftovers of the croup that baby brother had. She hasn't felt super great the last couple of days and this morning, she was acting very tired. She had a smidge of a fever this morning, but ibuprofen kicked that in a hurry. She had a great visit with Grandpa and Nana, who were down today, but wasn't her bouncy lively self. Then tonight, she felt a bit warm again and when we checked her temp, it was back up to 100.2. So low grade, but still enough to keep her home from church tomorrow. She's been taking some "grape" medicine (Dimetap) and some "yucky" medicine (Mucinex) to try and ward off her cold symptoms. And now we have Tylenol and ibuprofen in the mix. God help me if that child wakes up and starts throwing up. I might have to scream.

So, needless to say, I'm a bit tired. I feel like I've gone non-stop this week. It's been a drain for me. And my nerves are fairing better than they were at the end of last week, but I'm still not "normal", whatever that is. Tomorrow is going to be busy and it doesn't look like next week is going to give me a break. I would just about pay someone to take care of my children so I could get a good night's sleep and wake up at my leisure... no electronic alarms.... no human alarms.... no K-9 alarms.... just to be able to go to bed without having to get up at any certain time the next morning. Without having to be somewhere. Just to be. Gosh. I love my kids and by no means am I wishing the time away, but man am I ever looking forward to the days when they can all fend for themselves and can take care of things so Mommy can rest.

I feel like I have so much more to blog about, lots more pictures to post, but like I said... I'm tired. I will try to be more diligent about posting and getting all my stories and pics up here. For now, I think I'm going to bed.

A topic for another day - Redbox. I love it!!


Annie said...

just wanted to let you know i love ya girl. you opening up last night was such an inspiration and heart-touching.

Ross and Lisa Green said...

Okay, so I just had to laugh. Though that may seem cruel, it isn't. We were there just a few days bathing Abigail, Ross stripping the sheets, vomiting/dry-heeves ALL night (oh, was that too much info)...oh the joys of a stomach bug.