Thursday, February 05, 2009

So, in the time it took me to fix dinner tonight, several things happened:

* My son spit up on himself. At least that's what we're going to say. He drank his juice too fast. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

* My son spilled an entire sippy cup of juice on my kitchen floor because the lid came off.

* In trying to keep my son contained for a few minutes, I let a pot of water and milk boil over on my stove. And you know that makes a lovely spot on the burners...

* While I was getting meatloaf in the oven, my son found the cup we use in the bathtub to rinse hair and came out of the bathroom, coughing, spewing water from his mouth from the FULL CUP OF WATER..... It took me all of about 1.2 seconds to realize that water came OUT OF THE TOILET!!!!!!!!!! AND MY SON WAS DRINKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told that to Mike and of course, he was laughing his head off and was talking about how impressed he was that Porter was able to figure out how to dip water out of the toilet. Yeah, impressed isn't exaclty how I was feeling about the situation.

* My son is now contained in his high chair and both the girls and my husband have been told that they MUST put the lid down on the toilet after they've used the bathroom or they will be grounded!!! All of them!!!

Rachel was never like this. EVER. She just didn't get in to stuff. We tried to put latches on our cabinets (that didn't end up working) because we thought that's what you were supposed to do with a baby, not because she was in to everything. Now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up needing to cage my son if I want to do anything that causes me not to have at least one eye on him at all times.

My gosh, Porter is precious, but heaven's to betsy, that kid's wearing me OUT!!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

The toilet water cracks me up...it's something you would never dream of happening to you until you are a mother. It reminds me of the time when I got the twins up from their nap and Ava says, "Mommy, I pooped on the floor and Seth touched it." Awesome.

Superchikk said...

Yeah. We pretty much leave the bathroom doors closed all the time. It's easier that way. Oh, and C now knows how to climb over into the tub, so that's good.

We haven't had any toilet water drinking incedents, but when Husband was giving C a bath the other night, he found out C has discovered how to drink bath water. He freaked. I can't imagine what he'd do if C were to drink out of the toilet.