Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mike is home - thank you, Jesus!!

You wanna hear the latest? Boy, oh boy, life just isn't boring, that's for sure!!!

Thursday - I tried to go get my van, thinking it was fixed. I got all the kids out of the little car, loaded car seats, kids and stuff all in the van. Got about a mile down the road and wasn't sure I could even get it off the road! It just stopped wanting to work. So I went back and reloaded everything I'd just unloaded from the little car and took off in it again. Come to find out, it was the transmission (like I'd said from the beginning) and thank GOD it's covered under our warranty! So, we're driving the little "gray ghost" for a while longer. You should see us try to fit all 5 of us in this little 1990 Toyota Corola! It's pretty funny, but it can be done, just in case you were wondering. :)

Friday - on Friday afternoon, I was on the phone with Mike. I'd just found a dead possum in our back yard that our dogs thought was their new toy. I told Mike he would be handling that when he got home because I was NOT going to be touching it. He was just laughing about it and I said, "That's just par for the course this week. There's no telling what else could happen. Oh, nevermind. I don't want to know." I swear to you, it wasn't 5 minutes after I said that until Tanner called crying and said she'd fallen as she was walking home from school and hurt her wrist. I just thought it was her being a bit dramatic. Oh no. Her mom came over and thought she better take her to have it x-rayed, just to be sure. That child BROKE HER WRIST!! She's got it in a splint now and will see the orthopedist Thursday to determine whether or not they will put a permanent cast on or if they'll just keep the splint.

Sunday - Porter was HORRIBLE in the nursery! I mean, that child was absolutely screaming his head off! He never does that and I figure something was wrong, but oh my. I had to go get him because he'd been screaming for over half an hour without anyone being able to calm him down. That is so not him and he was fine after we got home, but heavens. That kid can wail, let me tell you!

You know, that old saying "when it rains, it pours" could not be more true. I hate to think of what else could happen, but I tell you, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not even going to vocalize (or type) anything worse that could happen for fear that Satan could take it and use it against me. :) No, no. We're only thinking happy thoughts in the Langham house today! We're thankful that we had a vehicle to drive, regardless of its age or condition. As long as it gets me from point A to point B, I'm cool with that. I'm thankful that we just got the van back today and so far, it's working like a charm, and praise Jesus, that transmission was under warranty! Hallelujah! We're thankful that Tanner has such a great attitude about her arm and is doing so well figuring out how to still do almost as much as if she hadn't hurt that arm at all. We're thankful that I made some extra money at the consignment sale this past weekend as well as getting Porter and Rachel a few needed winter items. I'm thankful for my friends Tami and Robbie that are doing some redecorating in my house and figured out a way to use what I have and save me from having to buy an additional piece of furniture that I really couldn't afford right now. I love creative people! And praise the Lord, I'm beyond thankful that my husband is in town this week!!!

Today, I got to rearrange some of my furniture and get it ready for my creative geniuses to come back and do some more decorating. I went tonight to our sorority function and had a great time with girlfriends. Tomorrow night is children's choir and praise team try-outs (pray hard for my nerves!!). Thursday night is our Holiday Preview Sale for Mary Kay with my director, which I'm very excited about, and Saturday is a Hogs game and we're having some smoked brisket and will be doing a bit of Hog calling. I'm praying this week turns out better than last. It's looking like it's headed in that direction...

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Steve and I were talking on the way to Branson on Sunday about how it seems like more and more that Satan is really attacking us lately. It's so easy to get down and out about everything that's been happening, but for some reason, when I think about it in the terms of "Satan's trying to get the best of us" it gives me all the gumtion I need to fight back. Interesting how that works! :)

Here's hoping to a better week and weekend! Love ya, sister!

April Lynn said...

Hang in there friend!!!
So glad to see you've got lots to look forward to. :)

Shelly said...

Hey, be sure to read my blog-you've been "Tagged"