Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Today I'm Thankful For.... (2nd Edition)

I know I have posted on this topic very recently, but today I feel like I need to do this again.

Today, I am thankful for:


*My husband. He truely is the most wonderful man in the world. Even though dirty clothes may lay in the floor and lights are left on after he leaves the room and the things he does to help sometimes don't meet my 'standards' as far as housework is concerned, I could never ask for a better partner in life. I don't tell him that enough.

*My daughter. She is my joy. Everything she does is precious. My favorite things she does now is when I ask her a question and she answers "yeah" and when I ask her where something is, she says "Um...." It's SO cute!

*My step-daughter, Tanner. She is so funny and smart. I'm blessed to have her as a part of my life.

*Understanding People. Sometimes when I screw up royally, I'm thankful for people who can forgive and not hate me because of it.

*My friends. God has a way of putting those people in my life who I need at just the right moments. I don't have just one best friend. I have many bestest friends. I have those friends who are so different from me and yet provide me with such blessing. To those of you reading this blog, I love you and thank God for you!

*My church. I'm thankful that I don't attend a 'feel good' church but one that can present the word of God in all its truth, no matter how much my Pastor steps on my toes because of it.

*My home. After watching several episodes of Little House on the Prairie this weekend, I'm very proud of the home I have. Not that I wasn't happy with it before, but it just made me realize all the more that I don't NEED a lot of fancy things or a big house to be happy. I'm so blessed by what I have and I SURE don't say that enough.

*Mary Kay. I'm thankful that I'm a part of a business that seeks to support and encourage women and one that will give me an opportunity to do something I really love (play in makeup and make women look and feel beautiful) while I make money to help my family.

That certainly is just the tip of the iceburg, but today I just wanted to say I'm thankful.

1 comment:

AfricaBleu said...

It's always good to count your blessings...