Friday, September 23, 2005

Technology SUCKS!

I have a headache right now because of technology. Ironic that I'm typing this out on something that was a benefit of technology, but anyway.....

One day my printer worked fine. It ran out of black ink and we replaced the cartridge. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? WRONG! I have no idea what happened or if my printer just decided to all the sudden get PMS, but it just completely stopped printing black ink - even with the new ink cartridge and the other new one I bought just in case the first new one was a lemon. Nothing worked. That is so dang frustrating when you do everything you normally do and then it just all the sudden, for no apparent reason, starts hating you and stops working. Now I have to send it to the company to have them look at it and try to fix it.

My dear computer guru friend is being gracious enough to loan me a printer while the other one is in the shop. The only problem with that is he gave me two to try out and up until this point, neither of them want to cooperate either.

Here's what I think: I think it's me. The equipment senses my dependance and all of the sudden it decides to get an attitude and put me in my place for using it so much. I just really want things to work when I plug them in. I don't want to figure out how something works or how to fix something, I just expect it to work like it says it should. Is that really too much to ask?

My day is definitely not going like I planned. I wanted to organize my 'office' and get a lot of stuff done. I haven't gotten to do that yet. And my legs REALLY need to be shaved.

I'm off to get my hammer.......

1 comment:

Geek4god said...

Okay so I go to this girls house to fix her printer and it is way more complicated then it is supposed to be which is fine, that is what I do for a living!! But then the next day I read her blog and discover the whole time I was there she needed to shave her legs!!!!!!!

This is the kind of thing that scars single men for life!!! Well actually I have worked with women for the last 10 years so it is par for the course!!!!!! But still it is TMI, which is a reoccurring theme on this blog… I am starting to wonder if this blog is man safe…