Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Week From.....

This has been one of the craziest, busiest, most irritating weeks of the world. Sunday morning, I had praise team which meant being at church by 7:30 am. Sunday night was the children's musical and my choir kids (including Rachel) singing in "big church". Monday was work and then a 2 hour dance practice. Tuesday was babysitting and then a 3 hour dance practice. I thought I was going to get the evening sans children, but plans changed at the last minute and that didn't work out. Wednesday was Grandma Lynn's arrival. She's looking for a house here, so she came into town to do a little home shopping. Wednesday night was our last night for children's choir and our pizza party. Today was work and immediately after that was getting the girls ready for the 2 hour dance dress rehearsal. Let's not forget all the prep I've had to do for Friday Night Out since I'm not going to be there tomorrow night. Tomorrow is house hunting all morning and then the afternoon will be getting things ready for the recital tomorrow night, and we have to be there an hour and a half before starting time. Saturday morning will be more house hunting and I'm not sure what the evening plans are now, as they have changed in the last 24 hours. Sunday morning is serving in preschool. Sunday afternoon, I might crawl in a hole and not come out until Monday morning.

The sad thing is, there seems to be extra stuff that just keeps popping into my week - this week of all weeks. Today, I was about to explode but refrained, somewhat, from throwing a few choice words around. I haven't been able to get to my exercise class for over a week and haven't had time to myself AT ALL in about 2 weeks. I'm just so tired that it makes me want to cry sitting here thinking about it. And yet, there are still demands for my attention and action that won't quit and I have to keep going. Oh what I wouldn't give to not have anything more pressing to do, anyone to be responsible for, or anyone else to think about but myself for even a couple hours. That, my dear friends, would just be bliss. Unfortunately, I do not currently have that luxury. What if I had a lunch hour to go out for a while by myself? What if I had a drive to or from work where there were no children in my car? Even that would be wonderful.

I told Lynn that when she moves here, I have one request - that she babysit my kids for a day so that I can go get a hair cut, my eyes checked, and my teeth cleaned. Because to do any of that stuff that most people would consider easy/manditory things, I have to get a babysitter. I haven't had a hair cut since October. I haven't been to have my eyes checked in about a year and a half. And we'll not even discuss how long it's been since I've been to the dentist. Let's just say I've been on Tyson's insurance for over 8 years and they've never paid a dental bill for me.

Do you feel sorry for me yet? I certainly feel sorry for myself after writing all that. Is there a bright side to things? I'm trying really hard to see it, but not having much luck.

1 comment:

Superchikk said...

I hope things have slowed down a bit now, and that Porter is feeling better.

I am currently feeling your pain, as there is a screaming little boy in the next room who has been having a fit for the last 20 minutes, screaming, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" I am determined not to cave, and make him calm himself down on his own. I feel like a horrible mother.