Saturday, January 03, 2009

Saturday Stuff

I've started writing. I'm terrified and exhilarated all at the same time. We'll see how it comes along.

We've determined to keep a better check on our budget this year and really stick to a spending plan. I went to the grocery store today after checking my recipes, making a menu for the week, and determining what we already have on hand that I can use. I only spent about $45 on food and that includes meals for Tanner's birthday tomorrow AND two gallons of milk, which we usually go through in a week's time. Not bad, I think. And we even avoided getting lunch out somewhere and waited until we got home to eat, which we normally wouldn't have done. I was pretty proud of myself. Baby steps, my friends.

Bath and Body Works is having their Semi-Annual sale now. I've discovered my new favorite scent there - Sensual Amber, courtesy of a gift from my friend Megan. I got some bubble bath in that flavor on my birthday and have used nearly half the bottle already! And I'm not one to take baths very often, but I've taken one nearly every night since I first used that stuff because it smells so delish! So, I had to go get more. :)

I've got to get pictures of Christmas up on here. I promise to do that soon.

Rachel just came up to me with a big grin on her face and said, "Goodbye, Mama." and then just stood there. I looked at her, puzzled, and said "Goodbye?" She said, "Yeah, this is opposite day. Goodbye!" and then she came over and hugged me and lingered a while. I guess that was really a "hello".

1 comment:

Carolynn said...

Jill, congrats on starting your writing! I would love to read whatever you write whenever you feel like sharing ( or if you don't--completely understand:-) See ya soon!