Monday, January 19, 2009

It Once Was Lost, But Now It's Found

I had a panic attack earlier today. A genuine, nearly hyperventilating panic attack. I was putting Porter in his car seat and snagged my wedding ring on the straps. I looked down, mostly out of habit, to make sure everything was ok. IT WAS NOT! My diamond was gone. GONE I SAY!! I started to flip out! I had already been having one heck of a hormonal day and this just was the proverbial straw. I had to take Rachel to dance, so I got her to church and of course she was telling her teachers about it. Miss Kelly, bless her heart, said that she would be praying that Jesus would just bring that diamond to the surface and that it would be easy to find. I tell you, as soon as I realized it was missing, I think the first words out of my mouth were, "Oh sweet Jesus, help me find my diamond!!!" I was in constant prayer. I called Mike and thankfully, he was just down the street at the corporate office and said he could come help me look for it. I looked everywhere I could think of. I know I had it at lunch because I'd taken my rings off to put on lotion. So, it had to have been lost somewhere in the house. Mike and I retraced my steps from the time I put lotion on my hands until I walked out to get in the car for dance. I mean, I looked EVERYWHERE I possibly thought that little thing could go. We looked under the couch, under the recliner, in the bathroom where I'd been wallpapering all day, in the laundry room, in the garage... everywhere. Then I went to get Porter up to go get Rachel from dance and low and behold, there that diamond lay, shining on his changing table. Jesus had really brought it to the surface, just as Miss Kelly had prayed. It was not in a drain somewhere, not in a nook or cranny, never to be found. No. It was right there in plain sight. Two of the prongs had broken which caused the diamond to fall out. Thank you Jesus that it came out someplace very obvious and that I was able to find it and get it put safely away, ready for repair.


Here's a sad little picture of the damage. The sweet diamond isn't very big, but I love it. I would have been devastated if I hadn't found it. Again, hallelujah and praise the Lord!!

No comments: