Wednesday, July 24, 2013

To Do List



One thing that I love to do is check things off a list.  If I'm real honest, sometimes I write things I've already done on a list just so I can check it off.  Silly, I know.  But it gives me a sense of accomplishment.  My email tends to be like my to-do list as well and when I'm able to move things out of my inbox, I feel like I'm accomplishing things.

So, in this whole Start Experiment and me really trying to make better use of my time, I'm working on being better about actually making lists that I can check things off of.  And I'm trying to keep my inbox as cleaned up as possible.  I've pretty well kept my inbox to under 20 emails and if I can whittle that down to less than 10 I might not know what to do with myself. :)  I have a to-do list for work things today and have gotten a few of those things done and hopefully by 5:00, I'll have everything checked off my list.

This helps in organizing my time.  Now on to organizing other areas of my life as well.  I love organization.  I'm not always totally organized, but boy life sure runs smoother when I am! One thing that I'm able to do at home to help stay organized is my laundry.  Since I've been getting up about 3 hours before the crack (which I'm now totally addicted to), I've been able to get a little laundry routine going each day that has helped me keep up with that.  I've also made my bed every day (except Sunday when I left the house before my husband was out of bed).  Now that might seem like a big "DUH" to some people, but I hadn't put major priority on that little chore.  I always feel like things are more tidy when my bed is made, so I've made a point to do that as well before I leave the house in the mornings.  I also love a clean sink!  Mine has dirty dishes in it more often than not, but I'm working on keeping that clean as well.  That dishwasher of mine is getting quite the workout!  There are still many things left to go, but I'm tackling them a little at a time.

Who has other organization tips?  I would love to hear other things that I can implement to make life run a bit smoother.

No comments: