Saturday, January 09, 2010

The New Noblitts

Tanner and I went to the wedding of Brad Noblitt and Caitlin Emert today.  That. Was. Precious!  I enjoy going to weddings, but they are really special when it’s a sweet couple like Brad and Caitlin and both of their families.

 

One of my favorite parts of any wedding is watching the groom’s reaction when the bride enters the room.  Today, that was absolutely priceless!  Brad’s reaction was one of the sweetest things ever.  He was giving it his best effort not to cry, but with little success.  He later said when I talked to him that he was just so humbled.  Now that is an awesome thing for a groom to say when he sees his bride for the first time on their wedding day.

 

I loved that my friend Rachel was taking pictures.  She has more talent in her pinky finger than I could ever hope to have.  I told her that with every picture she took, I just kept thinking, I can’t wait to see that one – I can’t wait to see that one – I can’t wait to see that one!  If I could go back and do it again, I’d totally have her take my wedding pictures! :)

 

There were several things that I could count as my favorite parts of the experience:

* Hearing Alana Damron sing.  Got to LOVE hearing that girl.  WOW!

* Seeing Brad’s reaction when Caitlin came in.

* Seeing how proud Caitlin’s daddy looked.

* Getting to see Kim and Suzanne Noblitt again and give each of them hugs. Made me miss them more.

* Seeing both sets of parents join Brad and Caitlin on stage for prayer after they took communion together and lit the unity candle.  That made me teary for sure!

* Watching/Listening to Brad sing to Caitlin. Oh my word.

* Seeing Brad and Caitlin OUTSIDE IN THE FREEZING COLD with Rachel taking their picture right after the ceremony as we were driving to the reception.  Caitlin said she kept thinking “These better be GOOD!!”  Heck yes, they better be good! That girl was in a strapless wedding gown and Rachel was wearing short sleeves?  Crazy people.  They’ll probably be the best pictures of the bunch. :)

* Watching Brad and Suzanne in the mother/son dance while they sang Celine Dion’s “I’m Your Angel” to each other. SO SWEET!

 

Over all, it was a super sweet wedding.  I’m really glad we got to be there to experience that with them.  Congrats, Brad and Caitlin!

No comments: