Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Slacker

So I haven't posted anything in a week! I'm either a slacker or just busy. Maybe both.

Just a few points of catching up:

The Duggar laundry soap has been working like a dream! So far, it's gotten everything clean. Even smelly pits aren't smelly after they've been laundered. And Porter's shirts that usually are caked with food have come out totally clean. I do use Snuggle fabric softener (cause it's my favorite scent). At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be spending about $1.50 a year now on laundry soap!! Can I get a WOOHOO!!!!

I think the spring cleaning bug has hit me. I'm ready to get rid of stuff again. I feel that need to have everything clean and fresh. I wish today was warmer so I could open my windows and let the breeze in.

I'm going to a Twilight party on Friday night! I can't wait!! Some of my other mom friends and I who are crazy about Twilight are getting together to watch the movie, play a little trivia and just enjoy a night together. We're all excited about it! I can't wait!!! I need to watch the movie again and brush up a little on my trivia because I WILL WIN!!!!!



We went up to KC this past weekend to help Mike's mom clean out her garage. Her house is up for sale and we've already helped get the inside clean and ready for show. This time we had to tackle the garage. There was stuff we found that had been kept for literally decades! There was a box of income tax returns dating back to 1971!!!!!!! I mean, really?! The funniest thing we found was a box that had mine and Mike's name on it and was sealed in packing tape. Mike's mom started snickering when she saw it and had me open it. It was a wedding gift she'd gotten us EIGHT YEARS AGO that she'd put away and had forgotten about. Oh my granny! We just decided it would be an anniversary present instead of a wedding gift. And the fun thing is that I think I'll still be able to use it!

Speaking of our anniversary, last Tuesday was our 8th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long already. Time has sure flown by. While we were in KC, we went out on a date on Friday and went to Dave & Busters for dinner and some games. We had a choice of waiting who knows how long on a table in the main seating area or we could sit at the bar right then. We chose the bar. It's always fun watching those guys throw those bottles of liquor and make some pretty little drink. We sat by a couple that was out on a date as well and the grandparents were babysitting for them also. They were a fun couple and we were all enjoying our time just chilling. Alas, I do think I'm getting old because by 11pm, I was yawning and thinking about how good it was going to feel to go to bed. How sad is that?! However, it was a great evening and we really did enjoy having that time together. Since I'm working every Friday night, we don't have a lot of opportunity to go out, so it was a nice treat.

Now it's off to cleaning. I have a bunch of things I want/need to get done and with trying to keep Porter out of the stuff he shouldn't be getting in to, it's taking WAY longer than necessary to get stuff done. Such is the life of a mom of a 1 1/2 year old, right?

No comments: