Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Message From My Mom

I received this email from my mom last week. It made me cry. Thought I would share...


Friday would have been Rich and my 16th wedding anniversary. Little did we know last year that it would be the last one.
Kids, I just want to say to all of you, please don’t take each other for granted. Don’t neglect spending time with each other just the two of you. And Jill I don’t mean after the kids are in bed. Jamin and Kim, you need to take a weekend together just the two of you.

Don’t get so busy with the kids, jobs and other things and forget about quality time with each other. God forbid that your marriage will be cut short like ours was. Stephen and Susan I know you have to be away from each other a lot. Make the most of the time you are together. Steven and Vicki, just don’t take each other for granted.

You never know when your health or life could be taken. Do everything you can so that you don’t have regrets. Rich spent the last year of his life in very bad health and I spent it taking care of him and I don’t regret one minute. I just wish it could have been different for him.

I love all of you and want the best for you.

Sara, Stephen, Jamin, Jill, Steven; you all have great spouses. Treasure them and take care of them.

Don’t get too busy.

Love to all.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Well shoot, I'm sitting here bawling!

Wow. So true.

Superchikk said...

That's very wise! And so sweet of you Mom to send that to you.

Angela said...

So sweet. We missed ya'll this weekend.