Friday, November 28, 2008

EARLY is for the birds....

Yes, I'm one of those nuts who was at the stores when they opened. I got most of my Christmas shopping done before 6:30am today. I was at Kohl's at 3:30 and the first to get my hands on the item we choose for Rachel's big Christmas gift. Then Michelle and I got all our other deals and headed for the already ridiculously long check out line. We were out of the store within 30 minutes of arriving. We decided to head to Wal-Mart. I'm usually a Target girl, but we'd have had to wait an hour and a half... no thanks. So we headed to WM. Holy mother, that was crazy! I have never been to Wal-Mart when they first ripped the packaging off the palates of Black Friday merchandise and Michelle and I just stood there wide eyed, shaking our heads at some of these people. We're all for getting our groove on and getting to business, but these people were crazy. Then, once we'd made our WM purchases, we headed on over to Toys R Us, because at this point, Target still wasn't opened. TRU has a CRAZY policy where they only allow so many people in the store at a time. So, we stood in line, though the store was opened, for a good 20 minutes in hopes that the items I wanted were still in stock. THEN, we stood for another 30 in the check out line. They were extremely inefficient, I felt, but had great customer service, I must say. I left TRU and headed to Target thinking I might get a thing or two. Um, NO! The lines were a hundred miles long and I was not about to stand in those just for a couple DVDs - so I came and got my family and we headed back... hehehe. We actually did really well this morning and I shopped in total for over 9 hours. My feet are sore. I'm so sleepy. But by golly, I will get this Christmas tree up in my house and get in the Christmas spirit if it kills me!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Let me just say...N U T S ! ! ! !

The Jordon Family said...

Let me just say... after a wal-mart employee getting trompled over and killed by hundreds of crazy shoppers, Toy R 'Us is looking pretty smart by their plan of only letting so many in at a time... Maybe not so fun for the shoppers, but, people may live a little longer that way :):)
That was a sad situation..