Saturday, July 05, 2008

Sparkler Bomb

Last I heard, the 4th of July was supposed to be about celebrating our nation's independance. It's a day where friends and family get together, eat some traditional American cuisine (i.e. burgers and dogs and the fixins), and shoot off fireworks in celebration. Somehow, my husband and our dear friend Jeremy have decided that it's a day to make their own explosives, Arkansas style. Thus we have...... the Sparkler Bomb.

The beginnings.... 600 sparklers.


The assembly..... duct tape.

The getaway....

we're waiting....



And we have the explosion....

Trying to put out the fire....


Had I known exactly how high those flames would have gone, I'd have backed my camera up so that I could have gotten the full effect. Jeremy took some video of the spectacle and after watching the replay, we're pretty sure the flames and sparks reached at least 30 feet in the air. We're going to see about getting it on youtube, so if that happens, I'll be sure to post the link.

Otherwise, we had a very safe 4th and really enjoyed our time with the Thompsons and my mom who got to be here for the weekend. I'll post more pictures of the non-explosive fun later.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That's hysterical! Tanner has been talking about the sparkler bomb...now we know what she's talking about!

Thanks for the visuals!

Superchikk said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure I want to let my son come to your house. Ha! Mike's such a pyro!