Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Leaving My Babies

I'm leaving early in the morning for our Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas. I'll be gone until Saturday night. I have never left Porter overnight and I'm really anxious about it. Mike will be here with the kids and I know, next to mommy, that Daddy is the best person to take care of the kids, but still. Porter is so easy and I know he'll be fine, but it's me I'm worried about. I left Rachel with Mike overnight when she was a year old and then went to Seminar that same summer when she was just about 17 months old. She had a blast and that is a time that Mamaw will always remember, I know. This time will be great as well and I know it will be special for Daddy to get that bonding time, but my heart is aching knowing that it's going to be four full days away from my sweet baby boy whom I've never been away from at all. I sat for the longest time holding him and rocking him before laying him in bed tonight. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something. He'll probably have a tooth break through or he'll finally figure out that he can actually go somewhere on his hands and knees without scooting on his belly. I know I'm going to have a great time, as I always do when I go to anything Mary Kay. I just have to focus on that, focus on learning everything I can, get in some good "me" time with no responsibilities, and look forward to lots of hugs and kisses on Saturday. Just pray that I can keep my composure when I get overwhelmed with missing the kids. :)

2 comments:

Superchikk said...

So is Mike in charge of taking care of the mouse as well?

Meredith said...

Hey Jill! Thanks for visiting! I didn't even know you had a blog! Have a great day!