Monday, February 06, 2006

It Has Arrived!

On Saturday, our new 37 inch Phillips LCD HDTV made a home in our living room. I must say, I was looking forward to getting this little wonder, but my husband was just about to split something, he was so excited!! He's not a big TV watcher, per say, but the boy likes his sports. I, on the other hand, have several shows I enjoy watching during the week. And we both LOVE movies, so needless to say, we were happy about our new purchase.

I found a stand for it to go on that I was happy with. I'm not one that enjoys the contemporary/modern look of furniture, nor do I like the retro type stuff, so it was hard for me to find something a bit more traditional in style without it costing me an arm and a leg (and I only had one of each to spare after this TV purchase which did cost me one arm and one leg and then some). This one we found at a local store and I was happy with the look and the price, so we got it. It's a black oak look, which I didn't think I would like, but it actually looks pretty good.

Once our TV was here and the stand was all put together, we turned it on and I wish so badly I could demonstrate sound on this here blog because it was like the "ahh, ahh, ahh - ahh, ahh, ahh" sound in the Little Mermaid as we turned on this beautiful piece of electronic magic! I can't even describe to you the difference it makes in the picture. It looks as though the people on the screen are sitting right here in the living room with me! It truly is amazing.


Here is a picture of the new addition to our family. And yes, that IS the Backyardagins on the screen......and my daughter standing in awe. She has taken up permanent residence in front of this wonder. She's is thrilled to see a nearly lifesize Dora on the screen as well. Now that is a sight to behold, let me tell you....

2 comments:

Superchikk said...

Wow! I'll bet the game was really great last night! And the Bachelor tonight...well, you might as well be in Paris with them!

AfricaBleu said...

How fun - congrats!