Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Second Hearing for Little Man

We went back to court today to finish what we started a couple weeks ago.  We still have Little Man (henceforth referred to as LM) with us.  Our next court date is late January so we will have LM with us at least until then.

Google is a very interesting thing for finding out all kinds of info you wished you didn't have to know about someone.  I've been able to find out quite a bit on most of the players in this situation and it's not been pretty or comforting.  It's made me very sad, to be quite honest.  I'm very much the "play by the rules" kind of gal and don't get it at all when people totally go against what is right.  This is a situation where I'm feeling very torn on exactly how I'm supposed to feel.  On one hand, I'm super glad we finally have a child in our home and that we're able to make a difference to him for whatever time we're allowed to have him.  On the other hand, I'm so sad about what all has gone on in this family for YEARS!  It is generational sin on display.  I'm praying the cycle will be broken with LM!

As for how LM is doing and how we're doing - oh my GRANNY it's a challenge having a 9 month old at my age!!  Especially since I've been thrust straight into it!  I'm right now taking about 15 times longer to type this than normal because I'm having to check on LM every 2 seconds to make sure he's not into something he shouldn't be in to.  And the diapers.  God helps us all - the diapers.  Wow.  This kid can POOP!  And he's not sleeping through the night every night.  I like sleeping through the night.  Once I'm out, I'm out. And I don't like to be getting up during the night.  Not so with LM.  Oh no.  He likes to be up at, oh, say 1am or 2am.  Oh yes.  I think he's doing it just to torture me sometimes.  But last night he slept long and hard and I was so grateful! He's cutting some teeth, which any mother knows is never a super fun venture for eating, sleeping, or pooping. :)  But over all, he's doing fantastic!  He's such a good little kid!  He loves to explore, to eat, to play peek-a-boo, and to snuggle and give "kisses".

I'm excited to know for sure that we'll have him for his first Halloween, his first Thanksgiving, his first Christmas, and his first birthday!  I'm a planner.  I like to know things way in advance.  I buy clothes at the end of one season preparing for the next year.  That's just how I roll.  The last couple of weeks with LM have been a challenge for me simply because of the uncertainty of the future of it all.  For now, I know I can prepare for the next 3 months.  It's not a lot, but it's something.  And several fun somethings to plan for in the next 3 months!  And for those of you who haven't seen this GORGEOUS little dude, I will be happy to email pictures, because those of you who HAVE seen him can testify - he is FABULOUS!! :)

No comments: