Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Puppies Have Arrived

Life has been so busy that I haven't taken the time to sit down to my computer to update this poor little blog.

The puppies arrived on Saturday, April 3rd.  There were 9.  That's right.  I said NINE.  That was from ONE rendezvous.  All the puppies survivied.  That's the first time in the three litters that she's had that all them have survived.  They are all doing well.  There's not really much for us to do with them right now except look at them and hold them every once in a while.  Copper pretty much takes care of their every need..... for a couple more weeks anyway.  Then it will be up to us.  So spread the word - if anyone needs a wonderful family dog, we have 9!  In our previous litters, we've had dogs go to several of our family members and friends and have been able to keep up with them.  If it wasn't so hard on Copper, we'd continue to have puppies to provide awesome pets for people.  Our puppies have turned out to be fantastic dogs!  I'm really proud of them!  I'll post pics of the little darlings soon.  They are on my camera, but not on my computer yet.  That's for another time...

Mike is going to complete his CPR this week and the County Lady will come out next week to open our home... I think.  She'll do the final inspection and other than Mike having the First Aid course, we're done.  It's a little crazy to think that we could have a child in our home so soon!  It's exciting, but at the same time, it makes me a little nervous. 

I'm cleaning house today.  Well, not actually right now since I'm typing on my blog, but that's what I have been doing and will continue to do.  I don't have anywhere to be today and I have to say, it's GLORIOUS!  I love days at home like this when I can get a bunch of stuff done and don't have to get "ready" for anything.  I've got on my grubby cleaning clothes and my do-rag.  My eyes are all allergy shot and I don't have a stitch of makeup on.  You talk about looking HOT!  Woohoo.  But who cares, really?  I'm busting tail today and am getting my clean on with my windows wide open to bring in some of that fresh spring air.  I love spring!!!

No comments: