Friday, September 08, 2006

Change

The thought of doing something new and different is often exciting to me. However, when the new and different thing requires me to leave people behind, then it's not so exciting. I always hesitate to leave that which is comfortable for that which could be uncomfortable.

I often jump to the conclusion before I find out how to get there.... or if the path is really leading me that way. I try so hard not to read the last page of the book because I do enjoy the thrill of the journey, but sometimes I just can't help myself. Life is that way for me, too, sometimes.

My stomach is in knots today. I keep having to remind myself over and over that God tells us in his word to be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, we are to let our requests be known to God. Then the peace that passes every understanding will be ours. I'm praying for that peace today. I need His peace today. I need to know what God is saying to me today.

1 comment:

Carbon said...

Good luck. Change, though it is hard sometimes, allows us to grow and become better individuals. I'm sure it will lead you to good things.